ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Cycle Counts all items in storeroom on a monthly basis.
- Supplements cycle count with random visual inspections to
assure adequate supplies are on hand.
- Enters sign outs from storeroom in data system (Maximo).
- Adjusts storeroom inventory in system based on cycle
- Issues item numbers for additions to inventory.
- Makes labels for storeroom boxes and new or description changed
- Keeps storeroom shelves clean and in order.
- Coordinates pick ups and deliveries with suppliers as
- Enters requisitions for repair or maintenance items.
- Runs reorder reports to inspect for accuracy.
- Enters requisitions for storeroom items at or below order
- Reviews requisitions, consolidate and turn into purchase orders
- Runs MRP, MAXIMO or applicable program and issue purchase
orders for indicated items as needed.
- Purchases operational supplies other than raw material such as
lubricants, strapping, etc. as needed
- In conjunction with Maintenance and Supply Room employee(s)
identifies and purchases maintenance and repair supplies and
services as needed.
- Calls vendors for prices and delivery as needed.
- Meets with vendors as necessary in the absence of Purchasing
- Returns unwanted or defective items-follow up for credit.
- Evaluates safety stock and adjust as indicated.
- Runs applicable program to audit issues and charges to various
departments. Correct or adjust to monthly
- Opens boxes/packages and inspects for correct contents.
Compares Packing Slip with Purchase Order to ensure correct items
- Places received items in proper storeroom location or delivers
to proper internal customer.
- Receives items into system (Oracle/Maximo). Record RC # in
- Files packing list as needed.
- Packs boxes for UPS, courier and/or other pickups.
- Provides courier service by picking up necessary supplies,
picking up and delivering mail between home office and the plant
(continues throughout the day).
- Monitors item accounting codes to assure accurate assignments
- Assists and coordinates with Accounting on invoice and
vouchering process as needed.
- Prepares and submits month end accruals as needed.
Other Duties (10%)
- Fills in for vacations and absences in the supply room.
- Completes monthly fire extinguisher inspections, correcting any
- Maintains daily forklift and overhead crane inspections,
forwarding any issues to maintenance.
- Collects storm water runoff and arranges delivery to lab.
- Maintains Company pickup (servicing, washing, tags, etc.)
- Performs other task as assigned.
- Maintain MSDS.
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement