ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Directly supervises work of assigned personnel on assigned
shifts; coaches and supports all persons assigned to ensure
personal growth to reach their maximum potential.
- Responsible for employee relations, housekeeping, safety,
production problems, training, and cost on individual shift.
Leads by example.
- Prepares for shift by checking production conditions with
previous shift's Team Leader, orders, and scheduling production on
machines. Ensures all material supplies are adequate for
- Conducts pre-shift meetings: Checks for absentees, makes
necessary adjustments; distributes job assignments and informs
employees of changes or events within the Company.
Communicates plant goals/concerns to associates.
- Prepares daily reports, production reports, purchase
requisitions, workorders for maintenance, and employee reports
regarding, counseling, etc.
- Completes employee evaluations, administers and documents
corrective actions, and recognizes performance.
- Evaluates employees for Pay-for-Skills advancements.
- Supervises other employees in absence of their supervisor,
keeps supervisor informed after return to production area.
- Trains lead person in all aspects of position to fill in during
Team Leader's absence.
- Checks time clock for exceptions and enters vacation, jury
duty, holiday hours, etc.
- Schedules hourly employee vacations.
- Ensures proper coverage on the equipment in the event of
- Attends all staff meetings, daily production meetings, and
- Works with interview/hiring team to evaluate potential new
- Documents 30-, 60-, and 90-day evaluations for all new hires
and temporary employees. Must be submitted to Human Resources
in a timely manner.
- Recognizes problems, draws conclusions, and takes appropriate
action to resolve.
- Ensures Lean Initiatives and KPI's are actioned and current;
continuously improves upon the same.
- Supports and administers policies and promotes a positive
- Complies with all requirements related to both the Oracle and
- Attends personal growth training as suggested or required.
- Responsible for all WIP (Work in Process) cycle counts and
their research, correction and input into the system.
- Produces finished good and WIP tags.
- Coordinates with the cleaning house to assure rod supply for
production demands, where applicable.
- Coordinates with shipping related to finished goods storage and
- Coordinates scrap and inventory related functions to maintain a
- Monitors materials used in production. Makes adjustments
in computer system as needed.
- Checks completed orders. Makes corrections on computer
entries as needed. Provides additional training to the
employee on the computer system.
- Assists Home Office as needed.
- Conducts visual inspections of plant to identify and correct
potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety
- Enforces use of safety equipment.
- Trains forklift operators to qualify for licensing.
- Conducts accident investigations.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent
accidents and illness.
- Maintains awareness of environmental compliance issues and
addresses them as they occur.
- Ensures compliance with the SWPP3 procedures and
- Conducts weekly risk assessments.
- Leads toolbox safety/information meetings.
- Checks quality of finished product and WIP throughout the
shift, adjusting as needed for improvement.
- Knows ASTM requirements for the finished products and ensures
that product meets or exceeds requirements.
- Checks with Quality Assurance Department on test results for
equipment to ensure that only top-quality product is being
- Aids in development and implementation of quality improvement
methods (continuous improvement) and cost-saving ideas.
- Initiates preventative action to ensure all performance
standards are met.
May be required to back up other positions as
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement