ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Other duties may be
- Checks for absentees; distributes job assignments and informs
employees of changes or events within the company.
- Prepares daily reports; production, work orders for
maintenance, employee reports regarding counseling and
- Documents 30, 60, and 90 day evaluation for all new hires and
temporary employees. Must be submitted to HR in a timely
- Completes in a timely manner skill advancement worksheets for
each employee as they are rotated to various departments for
training. Training documentation must be submitted
along with request for level status change.
- Must be familiar with computer software (Microsoft Office) and
applications (Oracle, Kronos) to be used.
- Checks time clock records for exceptions and enters vacation,
jury duty, holiday hours, time charged to correct department
etc. Time clock records must be signed off each week by
supervisor, his designee or an e-mail sent to HR assistant
confirming correct entries.
- Supervises other employees in absence of their supervisor,
keeps absent supervisor informed of significant events during their
- Attends all staff meetings. Conducts shift safety
training and attends monthly safety meetings as
- Prepares and follows action plans for continuous improvement
projects that are assigned or, preferably, determined by supervisor
to be appropriate and needed.
- Prepares for shift by checking and reviewing production
conditions (orders, individual machine schedules, experiments or
trials in progress etc.) with previous shift's Team Leader-
requires being available prior to beginning of shift.
Ensures all material supplies are adequate for shift
- Makes direct contact with each employee several times during
the shift. Checks machines for proper set up, operation and
proper condition of safety equipment.
- Evaluates compliance with housekeeping standards.
- Monitors materials used in production.
- Checks work centers frequently to verify operators are scanning
and entering correct item(s) and quantities. Makes
corrections on computer entries as needed-and gives feedback to
individuals if human errors are observed. If system errors
are suspected, contacts home office IS helpdesk.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly and annual scheduled raw
materials, work-in-progress, finished goods and operating supplies
inventories as assigned or needed. Each team leader is
responsible for an assigned inventory category. Assigned
category will be kept accurate each month using Oracle cycle count
- Checks quality of work-in-progress and/or finished product
early in shift to make adjustments as needed for improvement.
- Knows ASTM requirements for the finished products and ensures
that product meets or exceeds requirements.
- Checks with Quality Assurance Department on test results for
welders and drawing/rolling machines to insure that only top
quality product is being produced.
- Aids in development and implementation of quality improvement
methods (continuous improvement) and cost-saving ideas.
Safety/Environmental Compliance (5%)
- Conducts visual inspections of plant to identify and correct
potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety
- Enforces proper use of safety equipment
- Conducts safety training and participates in monthly safety
- Conducts accident investigations.
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent
accidents and illness.
- Be aware of environmental compliance issues and address them as
- Ensure compliance with the SWPP3 procedures and
- Works with interview/hiring team to evaluate potential new
- Attends personal growth training as suggested or required.
Recognizes problems, draws conclusions and takes appropriate
action to resolve.
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement