ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws. Other duties may be
Team Leader (65%)
- Directly supervises work of assigned personnel on assigned
shifts, coaches and supports all persons assigned to ensure
personal growth to reach their maximum potential.
- Responsible for employee relations, housekeeping, safety,
production problems, training, cost on individual shift.
Leads by example.
- Prepares required production reports, prepares for oncoming
shift, prepares required personnel attendance documents, and
verifies hourly time sheets.
- Schedules employee overtime as needed.
- Coordinates with shipping related to finished goods storage and
- Coordinates scrap and inventory related functions to maintain a
- Completes evaluations, documentations, administers corrective
actions, and recognizes performance.
- Supports and administers policies, and promotes a positive
- Attends staff meetings and conducts shift meetings.
Relays information in a manner that is conducive to a safe and
Quality Assurance (10%)
- Tests all finished goods and enters quality data into
production system in the absence of the Quality Technician.
- Aids in development and installation of quality improvement
methods (continuous improvement) and cost-saving ideas.
- Initiates preventative action to ensure all performance
standards are met.
- Generates work orders to comply with the production
- Coordinates with the cleaning house to assure rod supply for
- Complies with all requirements related to both the Oracle and
- Conducts and reports Safe Behavior Audits.
- Trains employee in safe behavior and includes in audits.
- Conducts safety training as required.
- Recognizes potential hazards and unsafe behavior and initiates
- Team Leaders, or designee, will attend monthly Safety
- Conducts weekly risk assessments.
Operational Excellence (5%)
- Leads and participates in department brainstorming
- Maintains active Continuous Improvement projects in a PDCA
(Plan, Do, Check, Act/Adjust) format.
- Leads and participates in plant-wide continuous improvement
- May be required to assist with maintaining operating supply
- Assists in maintaining a correct and organized die
- Attends extensive personal growth training during off-scheduled
- Recognizes problems, draws conclusions and takes appropriate
action to resolve problems.
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement