ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following:
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares for shift by checking production conditions with
previous shift's Team Leader, orders, and scheduling production on
machines. Ensures all material supplies are adequate for
- Conducts pre-shift meetings: Checks for absentees, make
necessary adjustments; distributes job assignments and informs
employees of changes or events within the company.
Communicates plant goals/concerns to associates.
- Contacts each employee several times during the shift.
Checks machines for proper operation and safety devices.
Provides training, guidance, and motivation in all aspects
manufacturing process and computer systems, as well as sets a good
- Monitors materials used in production. Makes adjustments
in computer system as needed.
- Trains lead person in all aspects of position to fill in during
Team Leader's absence.
- Checks completed orders. Makes corrections on computer
entries as needed. Provides additional training to the
employee on the computer system.
- Supervises other employees in absence of their supervisor,
keeps supervisor informed after return to production area.
- Recognition of Employees - Carries out company and location
- Prepares daily reports; production; employee reports regarding,
counseling, etc.; purchase requisitions; and work orders for
maintenance. Must be familiar with computer software and
applications to be used.
- Checks time clock for exceptions and enters vacation, jury
duty, holiday hours, etc.
- Attends all staff meetings, daily production meetings, and
- Assists Home Office as needed.
- Conducts visual inspections of plant to identify and correct
potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety
- Enforces use of safety equipment.
- Trains forklift operators to qualify for licensing
- Conducts safety training and leads monthly safety meetings
- Conducts accident investigation
- Recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent
accidents and illness
- Checks quality of finished product early in shift to make
adjustments as needed for improvement.
- Knows ASTM requirements for the finished products and ensures
that product meets or exceeds requirements.
- Checks with Quality Assurance Department on test results for
welders and draw machines to insure that only top quality product
is being produced.
May be required to back up other positions as directed.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable
Directly supervises 25-30 employees in the Production
Department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and
training employees; planning, assigning, checking, and directing
work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees;
addressing complaints and resolving problems; costs; operation
methods; maintaining quality standards; maintaining quantity
standards; and carrying out established policy.
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement