ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares for shift by checking plant conditions with previous
shift's Team Leader, orders, and coordinates with Production
Support Manger the scheduling of production on machines.
Ensures all material supplies are adequate for shift
- Conducts pre-shift meetings: Distributes job assignments and
informs employees of changes or events within the company.
Communicates plant goals/concerns and safety expectations to
- Checks machines for proper operation and safety devices.
Provides training, guidance, and motivation in all aspects
- Monitors materials used in production. Makes adjustments
in computer system as needed.
- Trains lead person in all aspects of position to fill in during
Team Leader's absence.
- Checks completed orders. Makes corrections on computer
entries as needed. Provides additional training to the
employees on the computer system.
- Supervises other employees in absence of their regular
- Prepares daily reports; production; employee reports regarding
counseling, vacation requests, annual performance reviews and
- Prepares work orders for maintenance items affecting production
such as safety, maintenance and repair, and general facility care
- Checks Kronos time keeper for exceptions to time and attendance
information for employees. Verifies and signs off on employee
- Conducts ZERO HARM safety training and leads tool box
- Attends all staff meetings, daily production meetings when
required, and scheduled inventories.
- Participates as an active member of the facility's interview
and hiring team.
- Checks quality of finished product early in shift to make
adjustments as needed for improvement.
- Knows ASTM requirements for the finished products and ensures
that product meets or exceeds requirements.
- Checks and coordinates with Quality Assurance Department on
test results for welders and draw machines to ensure that only top
quality products are being produced.
Download our PDF for a full job description
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement