ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Read and understand technical literature (equipment and
operating manuals), safety literature (lockout/tagout procedures,
safety bulletins, MSDS sheets), and plant policy manuals.
Demonstrate knowledge of plant safety standards and safety
- Complete plant Lockout/Tagout training and be certified as an
"Authorized Person" in accordance with the plant Lockout/Tagout
- Operate lift trucks, overhead cranes, and Manlift, including
any required OSHA, State, and Federal licenses and
- Use basic hand tools and measuring devices.
- Operate basic portable power tools such as air wrenches and
- Orientation training must be completed.
- Use hand tools, such as wrenches, impact drivers, and torque
- Operate basic portable power tools such as air wrenches,
jigsaws, grinders, and electric drills.
- Operate basic shop equipment such as portable and fixed band
saws and bench grinders.
- Layout and cut wood, metal and plastic sheet, and metal and
plastic pipe or bar and complete repairs.
- Cut and burn metal using an oxyacetylene torch.
- Must also be able to replace seals and packing.
- Assist in performance of basic preventive maintenance,
- Check and adjust oil levels in gearboxes and mobile
- Identify lubrication points and lubricate equipment.
- Check water and fluid levels, adding as required.
- Trace, troubleshoot, and repair problems in air, steam, water,
oil, hydraulic and cooling systems.
- Braze and solder pipe joints.
- Basic steel welding using SMAW process.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand basic production
processes and operation of machinery for troubleshooting
- Perform basic corrective maintenance, including: bearing
changes, shaft replacement, etc.
- Possesses basic computer skills needed to complete Maximo and
Oracle entries as required.
- Must be proficient at reading basic electrical meters.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with associates,
supervisors, and other staff about all plans or changes being
- Thread and drill for installation to include
- Thread terminology
- Tap drill sizes
- Fastener terminology
- Drill and tap holes and perform grinding and sanding in metal
- Eighteen months work experience as a mechanical craftsman.
- Trouble shoot complex components and diagnose trouble source
for: pump failure, drive failure, loss of rotation; hydraulic
failures; loss of flow (air, water and oil); loss of cooling;
locate and repair leak sources.
- Remove and reinstall or replace centrifugal and
- Troubleshoot and make simple repairs on forklifts, manlifts,
and other mobile equipment.
- Understand procedures for maintaining maintenance and safety
records on all mobile equipment.
- Perform intermediate preventive maintenance i.e. Change
bearings and wear components, Replace belts, pulleys, drive
components and adjust
- Qualified welder using the SMAW process as determined by
Maintenance Supervisor or designee.
- Check for power source, blown fuses, damaged wiring, loose
connections, contactor failure, controller (enc) failure.
Demonstrate basic knowledge of electricity, fuses and micro
- Must be able to understand the proper operation of most
- Must be able to read indicators, micrometers, verniers, and
other measuring tools.
- Two years experience as a mechanical craftsman.
- Perform complex diagnostic and trouble shooting on a forklift,
man-lift, personnel transports, and other mobile equipment. Make
repairs and perform preventive maintenance on mobile
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and communicate proper action for repair
mechanical assemblies such as drawing machines, stranders,
- Demonstrates understanding and ability to weld using the MIG
- Assist in removal and reinstallation of electric motors,
including reconnection to load, alignment, and testing.
- Must be proficient at understanding all machine manuals and
documentation, including blueprints.
- Must be adept at evaluating and replacing SCR's and power
- Must be adept using meters and flukes.
- Must be knowledgeable related to ordering replacement
- Three years work experience as a mechanical craftsman
- Attending technical school or trade school covering subjects
applicable to manufacturing maintenance.
- Certified as a "Qualified Person" for work on AC/DC motors
operating at 110/220/480/500 VAC/VDC including ability to connect
- Have a working knowledge of the safe operation and use of basic
electrical test equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to manufacture simple parts within the
capacity of machine shop equipment.
- Works independently with little or no supervision
- Should be competent in planning and coordinating work
assignments of peers.
- Must be able to coordinate mechanical repairs on
- Successfully complete a minimum of four years as a Mechanical
Craftsman at increasingly higher skill set levels.
- Be certified as a "Qualified Person" for work on motor
controllers/motor control centers operating at 110/220/480/500
- Troubleshoot and make repairs to AC/DC load and distribution
- Troubleshoot and make simple repairs to AC and DC motor, motor
controls, breakers, and switches.
- Served as lead on at least two major planned projects such as
remove, replace, and reinstall gear box.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully perform retrofits on all
- Experience and skill level result in him/her solving problems
and making suggestions which lead to reduced cost and/or improved
- Must be competent in planning and completing preventative
- Certified welder using the SMAW process. Certification
may be obtained from any accredited trade school, college or
- Certification for accreditation from a state, national, or
professional organization, after completion of one year minimum
technical school or trade school covering subjects applicable to
- Must have exhibited competency in training and developing
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement