ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Knows safety equipment and is aware of machine safety
- Knows how to lubricate machinery and equipment.
- Performs basic repair of ancillary components.
- Operates hand and power tools.
- Operates manlift.
- Obtains a valid forklift license.
- Assists in repairing machinery.
- Performs minor forklift repairs.
- Sets up and operates welding torches.
- Sets up and operates Arc and Mig welders.
- Performs basic plumbing.
- Maintains and repairs lighting/ballasts.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all machines and
- Performs basic mechanical repairs on all equipment.
- Performs basic multimeter functions (fuses, conductivity).
- Becomes familiar with all plant production equipment.
- Demonstrates basic troubleshooting skills (hydraulics,
-Basic hydraulic systems
-Basic electrical systems-Run/Stop circuits on all equipment
- Demonstrates general knowledge and operating capability of
milling machines and lathes.
- Installs single phase and 3-phase electrical motors with
capability of wiring correctly.
- Inspects and changes brushes on DC motors.
- Removes, repairs and installs gearboxes on machines.
- Reads and uses micrometer, caliper, multimeter, megar and other
testing equipment correctly.
- Demonstrates basic welding capability.
- Demonstrates general knowledge of plumbing, valve types,
fitting types, types of pipe such as, PVC, steel, copper, etc.
- Makes informative decisions on repairs during 'running
- Demonstrates willingness to train other employees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of electrical circuits-relays,
contactors, motors, starters, DC drives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of 120V, 220V, 277V, and 480V systems,
single and 3 phase. Adjusts potentiometers on Moog Servo
- Demonstrates knowledge of hydraulic and mechanical
-Troubleshoot relief valves, flow valves, cartridge valves, pumps,
-Axial piston pump repair
-Gear pump repair
-Proficient in blueprint reading
-Demonstrates a willingness to train others.
-Welds in all positions (Mig, Tig, Stick)
- Assist in all maintenance aspects
- Respond to after-hours service calls
Download our PDF for a full job description
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement