ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include
Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
Strategy & Policy Development: (15%)
- Creates HR strategy.
- Assists in the development and implementation of plant policies
- Leads and assists in organization change efforts.
Generalist HR: (15%)
- Coaches management/supervisors on various employee and policy
- Assists Team Leaders in counseling employees and providing
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting
regulations affecting HR functions and ensures policies, procedures
and reporting are in compliance.
- Prepares separation notices and related documentation and
conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind
- Administers the performance review program to ensure
effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the facility.
- Maintains awareness of wages/benefits in market area.
- Identifies and pursues potential recruiting resources.
- Manages the hiring process of recruiting, interviewing and
screening applicants; making recommendations to hiring
- Establishes processes and procedures for applicant
- Manages the orientation process to:
- Obtain information for HR/PR systems.
- Inform new employees of company policies and procedures.
- Foster positive attitude toward company goals.
Employee Relations/Union: (5%)
- Interacts regularly with employees to maintain open
- Maintains awareness of union activity and represents management
in union matters/negotiations.
Payroll Administration: (4%)
- Manages payroll process.
- Provides timely and accurate responses to SOX
Benefits Administration: (4%)
- Manages benefits administration.
- Manages recordkeeping of files maintaining compliance with
company, state and federal regulations.
Industrial Health/Safety: (4%)
- Investigates accidents and coordinates safety training.
- Prepares documentation for company, insurance carriers and
Unemployment and Workers Compensation: (5%)
- Represents Management at unemployment hearings.
- Assists Safety Administrator as needed in representing
Management at Workers Compensation hearings.
- Oversees orientation training to new hires.
- Facilitates training teams.
- Participates in the development of training programs.
- Attends annual seminars regarding labor law updates.
- Conducts and/or schedules labor law training.
Community Involvement: (4%)
- Represents the Company in community involvement such as Chamber
of Commerce, schools, job fairs, etc.
- HR staffing, compensation and other reports as indicated in
specific areas of responsibility.
Committees (Member or Facilitator): (5%)
- Quality Council/Steering Committee
- Hiring Team
- Compensation Design Team
- Employee Activities
- Employee Correction Action Team/Attendance Team
- Safety Committee
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement