ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following:
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.
Other duties may be assigned.
Provides technical support to Maintenance Department on
all electrical/electronic matters: (90%)
- Directs tests and diagnoses of malfunctioning apparatus such as
Programmable Logic Control Programs, DC drives, AC drives and
- Directs the repair and replacement of malfunctioning apparatus
listed above as required.
- Creates and maintains electrical drawings and schematics.
- Provides support for special projects including, but not
limited to, component selection (per guidelines established by
Insteel Engineering), controls recommendations (per guidelines
established by Insteel Engineering), vendor recommendations and
- Requisitions tools, parts and equipment as directed.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to drawings,
specifications and safety.
- Travels to various Insteel locations to provide assistance as
Maintains maintenance documentation: (5%)
- Maintains proper logs and records on all equipment.
- Maintains time and maintenance records as required.
- Provides technical support in the selection of components for
Stays current on developments in the industrial
electronics field through continuing education. (5%)
- Initiates and suggests plans to improve electrical equipment
performance, subject to approval by Insteel Engineering.
- Provides training recommendations for self and maintenance
personnel to Maintenance Supervisor and General Manager.
Download our PDF for a full job
- Health Care Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Plan
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid Life
- Company-paid AD&D
- Company-paid Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings & Retirement Plan
- Incentive Programs
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement